Company Secretarial Services

By Gary Robinson / July 13, 2024

This is where you set up a limited company to trade through and this must be done through Companies House Once the company is set up there are thigs that must be done annually but some things only need to be done if there are any changes. Forms that need to be submitted on…

Read More

Companies House Changes

By Gary Robinson / July 6, 2024

The Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Act became law in October 2023. Since then, we’ve been getting ready to introduce the measures brought in by the act. The introduction the first set of changes on 4 March 2024. The introduction of these changes needs secondary legislation, so this date is still dependent on parliamentary timetables.…

Read More

Capital Gains Tax on 2nd Property

By Gary Robinson / June 15, 2024

Capital Gains Tax on 2nd Property Who does this effect, it effects landlords with one or more property’s or where they rent this out on a commercial basis for payment of rent for living there. individuals who have a second home, but this may not necessary be rented out but for their own use and…

Read More

What is Bank Reconciliation

By Gary Robinson / June 8, 2024

Bank reconciliation is the process of matching the bank balances reflected in the cash book of a business with the balances reflected in the bank statement of the business in a given period. Such a process determines the differences between the balances as per the cash book and bank passbook. Reconciling bank statements with cash…

Read More

When Dividends can be Voted

By Gary Robinson / June 1, 2024

Dividends Dividends are a return to shareholders on the profits after tax that a trading company has in its annual financial statements and the board of directors approve the amount of dividends to the shareholders. In a private limited company these could the same people especially startup companies. Payment of Dividends Dividends is small private…

Read More

A Unique Tax Reference Number

By Gary Robinson / May 25, 2024

A Unique Tax Reference Number The Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) is a UK tax identification number, issued by the HMRC to identify a person or business entity, this identification number is needed when you need to complete a tax self-assessment. This will be your number, and this will be referenced on any letters they send…

Read More

What is a registered Office

By Gary Robinson / May 18, 2024

A registered office address is the official address of a company (or limited liability partnership) registered with Companies House. By virtue of Section 86 of the Companies Act 2006, every UK company must always have a registered office in the United Kingdom. That’s true even if it carries on its business from abroad or just…

Read More

What are Bank Feeds

By Gary Robinson / May 11, 2024

This brilliant software innovation helps businesses become much more efficient by vastly reducing manual reconciliation work. The technology allows data to flow effortlessly between bank accounts and accounting software, helping make administration easy and less time consuming and ultimately saving time, so you can focus on growing revenue and profits. This is relevant for businesses…

Read More

VAT Registration

By Gary Robinson / May 4, 2024

The Value Added Tax Act 1994 is a UK tax law, concerning taxation of goods and services that fall within the scope of Value Added Tax (VAT) VAT (Value Added Tax) is a sales tax and has nothing to do with profit. Every business regardless of if you are a Sole Trader, Partnership, Limited…

Read More

De-registering for VAT

By Gary Robinson / April 27, 2024

De-registering for VAT When you want to de-register from VAT there is a certain criterion that you must meet: You will need to go to your VAT account on the government gateway and make the application, if you do this online then you will automatically see that this has been submitted successfully. Any messages relating…

Read More